Mercedes-Benz vehicles are high-quality vehicles that are known as being reliable and dependable. However, ensuring they adhere to their proper maintenance schedule impacts their longevity and reduces the risk of expensive repairs. If you own a Mercedes, you should familiarize yourself with the vehicle’s maintenance schedule and make sure you take your car in for servicing at the proper intervals. Your trusted Mercedes auto repair shop will be able to help you with this routine and should tell you when you will need to schedule maintenance and how to keep your car operating its best. After all, you have made an investment that will give you many years of service and enjoyment. You should take care of it!
1. Keep your car clean. This might seem like a no-brainer but keeping your car clean can help extend its life and help it maintain value. Washing your car regularly will remove road chemicals, dirt, and grime that can promote rust and damage paint. This is particularly true in colder climates where road salt is used during the winter months. Keeping the interior clean will help it maintain a good appearance, which will help you with the value when it is time to upgrade to a newer vehicle.
2. Check all the fluid levels regularly. Check the oil, coolant, and window washing fluid on a weekly basis. You should check transmission fluid, brake fluid, and power steering fluid levels monthly. These fluids are essential to your vehicle’s operation, so always top off any fluids that are low.
3. Get tune-ups done regularly. These tune-ups improve gas mileage and will help your car’s longevity. Be sure to adhere by the maintenance schedule that is specified in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
4. Watch the tires. Make sure the tire pressure is always where it should be. Make sure you rotate the tires every 6 months or so, which will improve the handling and will ensure proper tire wear. This will improve you’re the life of your tires and will improve your vehicle’s gas mileage.
5. Make sure your Mercedes is kept in a garage. After all, your Mercedes is a big investment. You want it protected from the elements. If you don’t have a garage space for it, you should buy a high-quality car cover to protect your vehicle when it is not being driven.
These five maintenance tips can impact your car’s lifespan and its value. Take care of your vehicle, so you can enjoy it longer.
The Advantages of Maintenance
Maintenance can keep your Mercedes running optimally and can catch any problems early on. It can keep you from being stranded on the side of road. Also, it will let you address any issues before they get worse, which can make a big difference in the cost of your vehicle’s repairs. You should have the maintenance done at a repair shop you trust and get to know your automotive technicians.
Ask your Mercedes mechanic about your vehicle and learn as much as you can about how your car operates. An auto is a complicated machine with many parts, so you need to know what to watch for and when you should have concern.
By adhering to the maintenance schedule, you are also giving yourself the opportunity to establish a relationship with your auto repair shop. You should build a lasting relationship with a repair facility that you can trust, much like you establish a relationship with your physician. Remember, your automotive technician basically serves as a doctor for all your vehicle’s needs, making sure everything is in tip-top shape.
Trust Mark Douglas Motorworks With Your Mercedes
Mark Douglas Motorworks offers factory services for all European makes and models of vehicles. Servicing all European and exotic vehicles, we serve the Orange county area, including Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Niguel, CA.
With more than 15 years of experience, we are a trusted service provider, with skilled factory trained and certified master technicians. All factory recommended services are completed with the highest quality parts used. All repairs and services come with a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty. Call today to schedule your Mercedes maintenance services.
* Mercedes Logo image credit goes to: SUNG YOON JO.